Aug 27, 2013

The Little Things

I'm really lucky to have the relationship that I have. I know I'm such a cheesy blogger but isn't that what happens when you're a newlywed?

I decided to stop comparing my marriage to other marriages. Everyone's relationship is so different. and just because someone posts on social media that "their husband is amazing because he sent me flowers" or the husband posts a cute picture on Instagram telling his wife he loves her, doesn't mean their relationship is perfect. No one's relationship is perfect, everyone has ups and downs.

But their relationship is perfect to them. And my relationship is perfect to me. He might not send me flowers, or post cute things on social media, or buy me new things. But he does so many other things and its about time I appreciate those things; focus on only those things instead of what other husbands do. Because lets face it, I did marry the best man out there.

Like when he gets home from work, he gives me a huge kiss and picks me up like a baby and cuddles me on the couch. even if I'm awnry from a long day at school.
Or when I get in the shower and come out and he's cleaning the whole kitchen. like reeeeally cleaning it. Clorox and all.

But lately I've been really grateful for mornings. Shawn just started school and is going full time plus working full time. So he has to be up at 5:30 and out of the house by 6:20 to get to school at 7am. And even though I'm barely awake when his alarm goes off, he always kisses me good morning. Then he takes a shower, eats breakfast, gets ready, makes lunch, and then right before he leaves, he comes in our room to wake me up just to tell me he loves me and kisses me again.

It really is the best way to start my morning. Remember when we were just dating and I complained about leaving him at night, or waiting all day to just even see him? Well no more of that. I start and end my day with him, my best friend.

We've been married 2 months and 5 days now, and I fall more and more in love with him everyday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment