Sep 1, 2013

Linda's Legacy

Saturday I witnessed something very special and I'm so glad that I could be a part of it. My aunt (Anissa) has been trying to have a baby for 4 years and recently found out that they can't. Can you imagine hearing your doctor say those words? What a heart breaking feeling.

So one of my other aunts (Tauna) and Anissa's best friend found a 5K race called Footsteps to Fertility. and at the end of the race there was a drawing: 2 lucky winners get a free Invetro Treatment and 4 people got 50% off.

So now lets back track. Me and my dad woke up bright and early to go do this 5K. Once we got to Liberty Park in Salt Lake City, we met up with my dad's side of the family. Little did we know, that they had prepared us some unique outfits.

A bib: On it, it said "A Linda's Legacy Baby". For those of you who don't understand, Linda is my grandma; Anissa's mom. Linda passed away a few years ago suddenly from a heart attack.

A diaper: On it, it said "Baby Brown" because well, the family is Jason and Anissa Brown.

So we put those on over our clothes without Anissa knowing. We wanted to completely surprise her. Once we were ready, a group of us strutted our stuff over to the table where Anissa was. Tears filled her eyes when she realized who the crazy people in diapers and a bib were. And then she bursted with laughter.

So now it's race time and this is the first time I've ever participated in a race. And actually, it was a lot of fun. Even though we all stayed in a group and walked it, it was really neat to be there with the family supporting Anissa and Jason. And of course, getting all the looks from other people dressed normal.

After the race, we gathered together to listen for the winners. ABC 4 was there as it started to get it on the news. The lady that won it last year is pregnant with triplets! She got up to the microphone and said some stuff, but lets be honest all of us didn't pay much attention. We were too excited to hear the winners.

There was a giant gold wheel that they spun with 1100 papers inside of names. Anissa's group had 87 names out of that 1100. After all the yada yada talk and thank you's, they finally started. When the lady got up to announce they were going to begin the drawing, tears filled our eyes. First they were going to announce the 2 lucky winners of the free In vetro treatment. A lady spun the wheel and pulled out a name and what seems like, walked very slowly to the microphone.

"Team Allen" she said.

And our heads dropped. One more name.

Another lady came up and pulled out a name. Walked slowly to the microphone and said,

"Team Jason...(Anissa's face turns to Jason)... and Anissa"

Jumping. Screaming. Crying. All from a group in diapers! Unbelievable. Out of all the names, she was lucky enough to get this. She deserves this more than anyone I know. Camera's were on our group and the lady from ABC 4 was crying. What a miracle.

You could feel the warmth from Linda. Without a doubt, I know she was there and handed that card to the lady at the gold wheel.

(Click on link below to watch our crazy family jumping up and down. It's at 1:15 and 1:07)
Witness a miracle

Waiting...
Grandpa

 The Group

I was really excited.

Me and Anissa


My uncle Darren

Grandpa and Cameron

Uncle Todd and Uncle Chad




Best Friends.






 Me and my dad

2 comments:

  1. So Freaking Cute. Oh My Heck. I seriously cried. I am so happy and excited for her..and I don't even know her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha oops.. I forgot to log out of my hubby's email.. it's Ashley btw ;)

    ReplyDelete