Aug 13, 2013

Split Second

I'm going to apologize ahead of time for this sappy post but it's been on my mind for the past two days and I really just want to let it out.

Being married is the best. It really is. When I was just dating Shawn, and I watched a lot of my friends get married it got me really excited but of course, I had no idea it would be this great. I was told all the time from friends how much fun it is, 'Married life is the best'. So obviously it got me more and more excited. It really is great. Want to know what I love so much about marriage? A lot of things. 

I love waking up to him every morning and starting my day with a kiss. I love coming home to him every day after a long day at the salon. I love having a best friend to spend every single day with. I love getting in arguments and watching him try to make me laugh by sitting on me and tickling me until I'm done being 'awnry'. I love making him dinner and then hearing him tell me how yummy it is. (I'm just starting to cook so that's a big deal to me) or saying thank you for the littlest things, like putting away the groceries. I love watching 'our shows' together on Netflix every night. I love going to the gym every night and watching him lift weights and him watching me try to lift weights. 

The list goes on and on.

But how about other things like;
Talking about our future together. What we are going to be like in 10+ years, what we are going to look like, what cars we want to drive, what house we want to build. Planning our kids names and how cute we I am going to dress them. Where we want to live when he goes through Med School, our future careers. 

Newlyweds do that. We think about the future. Growing up I always dream't about my wedding day and I was so giddy about it. But I never thought that something else would make me happier than my wedding day. What makes me SO happy and SO giddy, is knowing I get an eternity with my best friend and imagining all the fun and exciting things we will do together.

Where am I going with this? 
I hope I'm warming up your heart before I continue..


Now what if, what if all that, in a split second- disappeared. Think about it. Everything you've ever wanted, just disappears. It'll never happen with that one person you want it to happen with. Everything you ever planned with your spouse just... won't happen. In a split second everything changed and you never, in a million years, thought it would happen to you. 

Yesterday at the Salon, my friends and I were talking about a very sad story that recently happened to a girl my friend knows. She just got married a couple months ago and on a trip to Lake Powell, she was boating with her husband and some friends/family. The water in Lake Powell is very shallow right now and her husband was on a tube. The tube hit a rock and he flew off. My friend wasn't quite sure when she was telling the story, but she was pretty sure that he got ran over by the boat. (and if someone knows this story better than I, I'm sorry if I'm getting the details wrong) Long story short, he died. They've been married only 4 months and everything they wanted, was gone in a split second. 

I couldn't help but tear up when I heard this story. Nothing scares me more than the thought of not spending the rest of my life with Shawn. 

When I heard this story, I ran home to my husband to give him a big kiss and wrap my arms around him because you never know when someone you love so much is gone. There are a few things in marriage we take for granted. The little things. and no more will I ever take anything for granted.  

Now, whoever is reading this. Go wrap your arms around something you love very much. Husband, wife, siblings, mom, dad, a best friend, kids. Anyone you can think of. Because life is short and precious. It's too short to hold grudges, or throw it away by doing stupid things. 

and to my husband;
I love you more than you will ever know. Thank you-for everything.


My heart goes out to the wife, family, and friends for their loss. And they are definitely in my prayers.




No comments:

Post a Comment