Jan 10, 2012

the month that made us stronger.

The title of this blog says enough.
December 1-January 10
have been the hardest month of our lives.

To those who have no idea whats going on

Shawn came home December 1.
He was in a lot of pain down in Chile
and they found out that he had a hernia.
The doctors and mission pres decided that the surgery
needed to be done in America because of how intense it was.
So Shawn came home on a wednesday and that Monday
he had surgery.
He was in so much pain.
He has never been in so much pain
Shawn was never ever one to complain but it was awful.
He didn't feel comfortable walking for about 2 weeks.
It got better, but if he walked too much, he would
be in so much pain and need to lay down.

So time went on
and everywhere we went, we would look for each other.
I saw him driving 3 times.
Christmas was horrible with out him.
but man, do I love him a million times more than I did before.
We learend a lot this past month;
about ourselves,
about each other,
about our relationship;
we are a million times more in love.

Now another thing;
it's no longer see ya in 2 years!
Its see ya NEXT YEAR!
I cant believe that NEXT SUMMER
Shawn will be all mine!
Man oh man,
Time.
Lets speed up!

Kick BUTT Shawn! Make me proud!
You're not leaving me for two years to let me down!
I know that you are amazing and the Lord has so much in store
for you the next 17 months.
And dont worry,
I'll be here thru the whole process and when you get home.
I promise.

I love you Shawny!!!

515 Days til he's home!

3 comments:

  1. it takes a strong couple to stay strong and resist seeing one another when you know you are in the same place...u both are in my prayers. Your time to wait is almost up! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I am happy you feel closer to him. I know it didn't turn out exactly how you expected, but I know it made you guys better. Huuuge blessings come in weird ways, eh? I love the way the Lord works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are so strong! I loveee your attitude towards this! Seriously, I just love this! The lord works in funny ways! :) haha. congrats on making it a year! You are on the downhill slope now! You run that gilie! :) it will fly!

    ReplyDelete