Jan 17, 2012

If coming home wasn't hard enough.

If coming home wasn't hard enough,
the Lord is really giving Shawn a trial.
He comes home for a month;
has a 4 hour delay in LA;
misses his flight in Santiago
therefor he has to figure out new flight plans
IN SPANISH
for six hours;
gets on a plane and arrives in Concepcion
and his bags are stolen.

Paragraph from email:

No the duffle bag that i took down to chile i didnt loose, right when
i got of the plane and then met up with the senior missionaries here
they told my that last night the stupid office elders took my
suitcases to take to my house the night before i got here, and they
went and parked on a bad part of town in concepcion to do contacting
and someone broke out the window and took all my stuff. Everything, i
mean everything, pictures of you, christmas packages, the 7
months worth of letters, all my coats, suits, shoes, books, etc. Its
been hard week. I have had to go shop to replace things, all my
clothes, shaving razor, my paresnts are sending me suit case down the
end of this week with another supply of contacts and rain gear and
coats and stuff. LIke my life has sucked. I dont even know how I've
functioned honestly, i was so pissed holy crap, still am.
 

Everything is gone.
7 months worth of everything.
And it bothers me so much to know
some heartless Chilean has MY letters,
MY pictures,
the CHRISTMAS package I sent him,
just everything.
I'm furious.
I can't believe Shawn has to go thru all this.
But I sent him super positive emails.
Shawn is amazing
and he is capable of anything.
He can conquer the impossible
and I'll be by his side thru it all.
I'm sending him a package full of things to replace.
Everything I've gotten him while on his mission
I am re-buying and sending it to him.
I know how much it means to him
and I will do everything I can to make him happy.
His happiness means the world to me.
and he needs a boost to get out there and serve.
Its hard.
What he is going thru is very hard
and no missionary should have to deal with this much
but the Lord knows what he is doing.
Maybe he is putting him thru these trials
so later down the road when he is going thru HARDER things
he will look back on this and know that he can
overcome anything.
I'm so proud of him.
I'm proud of his decision to stick it out and serve.
He's amazing.
I've got myself a GREAT guy
and I'm not letting go of him.
He's mine forever!
I love him so much.
And even though he can't read this right now...


I love you Shawn
and I'm so extremely proud of you.
I know what you are going thru is so hard,
but I'll be by yourside thru it all
and help you with everything you need.
You've got so many people praying for you.
I believe in miracles and I know something
special is coming your way.
Smile, because I love your smile.
and I know that you will get thru this
with a smile on your face.



Its hard to be positive about this situation he is in.
But I'll be positive because he needs me.

I love you Shawn, sooooo much!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I know I don't really know you like at all but I love your blog. And I'm also waiting for a missionary. I'm so sorry this happened to your elder. I really don't know if I could handle losing all those letters that we've sent back and forth. You guys are amazing for facing this trial with a positive attitude. You will be blessed for it! Keep pushing through.

    ReplyDelete