May 26, 2012

That "One Day".

Oh the roller coaster of emotions.

It's just one of those nights where I really miss him. Ya know, that kind of night where I just wanna get in sweats, watch a movie, and cuddle up next to him? I miss feeling him next to me. I'm lucky to remember how he feels. It's hard to go from being with someone every single day for almost 2 years, to not at all. I'm almost a year in and it's still a struggle. It's really hard to imagine another year without my best friend. So much has been going on the past week that I want to run to him and tell him about. But he's not here. I remember a couple weeks into the wait, I really had a hard time with accepting the fact that he wasn't here. Typing his name into my phone to text him, almost driving to his house to go see him. And now I'm almost a year into the wait, and just the other day I put "shawny" in my phone to call him. What was I thinking? He's not here. And it's really hard to be without my best friend. Something else really clicked to me tonight too: I'm actually in a long distance relationship. I never thought in a million years I would do that, let alone wait for a missionary. It takes a strong girl to go 2 years without someone they love so much and I'd have to say.. I'm kickin' butt at it. Me and Shawn have never been so in love and so strong in our relationship. I couldn't be happier. But yet, i become happier every single day. It's amazing the things that boy does to my heart. One day he'll be home. One day we'll be together again; forever. But that "one day" seems forever away. I miss him so much. I miss having him here. I dont think the people of Chile understand how lucky they are to have him. I miss his laugh. I miss the way he would make me laugh. Thats what I need lately. Especially with everything going on here, I just need him to put me back at ease. Why does 2 years have to be so long?

But on the up side.. I know that I'm about half way. And things between me and him are perfect. People search their whole lives to find a love like ours, and how lucky are we to find it at such a young age. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me and I can't wait for that "one day" to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment