May 17, 2012

Skype Date.

First off, I just want to say I'm sorry for taking so long to post this blog post!
I know some of you have been wanting to hear all about my wonderful date Sunday and
trust me;
I'm ready to tell you all about it.

Mothers Day;
A great day. Before I continue, just a shout out to the best mom in the world. I love you so much
and thank you for everything you do for me and the family. You really are fantastic.

So the day started off like any other...
who am I kidding, the minute I woke up,
I had butterflies.
Getting ready for church, knowing that in four short ours I was going to talk to the love of my life.
Church went by even slower. All I could think about was "what am I going to say? Is it going to be weird? Will he look, sound, act the same?" I had no idea what to expect.

1:30: Sitting in relief society, watching the hands on the clock slowly moving.
1:35: Are you kidding me?
1:45: Peace out relief society.

I went home to get myself ready before I had to be there.

When I finally got to his house, I waited anxiously at the doorstep. His mom answered the door with a huge hug and a "Hello Sweetheart! Come on in, He's on! We are just on the deck" I handed her, her mothers day present and told her Happy Mothers Day. When we got outside to the deck and I popped myself into the webcam, Shawns face just started glowing. I couldnt believe he was there! I was smiling from ear to ear. And that smile did not leave my face the whole time. After standing for a few minutes, his mom got up and brought me a stool to sit on, put me dead center, and then I turned to her and said "no no its okay, you guys be center" and then she said "No Em, the girlfriend needs to be center. He enjoys looking at you more anyway" and then Shawn interuppted saying "Yeah Emily dont move!" haha and we all laughed.

The best part about it? It wasn't weird AT ALL! Shawn hasn't changed a BIT! Except he is more handsome of course. But he was the still shawn. My Shawn. He told us stories about the mission, told us about his surgery, where he is staying to recover, what he is going to do for his birthday, and so much more. I just kind of sat back and enjoyed listening to his voice. I didnt really know what to say, mostly because I was in shock that my boyfriend was in front of me. TALKING. Shawn then asked me some questions about my life, and I told him all about school and my future trip coming up and about my family. It was so good to hear from him. His laugh is just as cute or even cuter than I remember. His smile was amazing. Just everything about him. I'm one lucky girl.

We got to skype with him for 2 hours. The best 2 hours ever. He's real everyone. I have a real boyfriend. Not just some imaginary friend that is perfect. He's real. and guess what else? He only has a year and 22 days left. :) haha. But who's counting right??

As the skype ended, we all said Goodbye. Everyone kept saying "WE LOVE YOU SHAWN!" But I was too scared to say it. His Grandma then leaned over to me and said "You can tell him you love him sweetie" haha we all laughed and then Shawn said, "EM, I love you!!" and I just smiled. but I knew if I said it back I would start crying. I just hurried and said goodbye.

Goodbyes are so hard. Soooo hard.
But that Skype Date was amazing. Reassured me so much and made me realize how good I DO have it. How amazing our love is and with this love, we can conquer anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment