Nov 29, 2013

Lots of Thanks & a little bit of Christmas

I saw the cutest thing on Pinterest the other day. It was a sign that said, "Gobble til you Wobble''. And don't you worry, that's exactly what I did yesterday. Seriously, I love Thanksgiving. The 3 F's.
Food
Family
Football
Seriously, how can it get any better?! And it was so much fun spending it married. The night before Thanksgiving, I laid in bed thinking that this is my first Thanksgiving with Shawn since he's been home. Which was so weird to think about because I feel like I've been with him all my life and that he never left. But that part of me still aches whenever I think about the girls spending the holidays without their boys because I can still feel it. It's heart wrenching. But how perfect: first thanksgiving home and married! We had a ton of fun. We woke up early to play some Turkey Bowl! K, he played-I watched. Who woulda thought that Shawn was so good at football?! I was so giddy watching him and thought he was the hottest thing on the field. He thinks he's invincible though. But today, his body is reminding him that he isn't. He is SO sore. Can hardly walk! Poor guy. 

We had the feast at my parents house around 1 with my moms side! Lots of Turkey, pie, mom's orange rolls, Grandma's jello, my Sarah Salad, and mashed potatoes! Yum Yum Yum! 

Oh but don't worry, it doesn't stop there! We also had Thanksgiving with Shawn's family. Lots and Lots of food! After we cleaned up, we watched Christmas Vacation and set up their Christmas Tree! 

I really don't thank my Heavenly Father enough for what I have. I am so thankful for my amazing husband. He loves me so much and shows it every day. From falling in love when we were 17 to falling in love more and more every day. I am the happiest girl in the world. I am thankful for the missionary that he was and loving me every step of the way while I waited for him to come home. I am thankful for his hard work and dedication to make me happy. He is the best man and I love him for taking care of me. Working full time and school full time isn't easy but somehow he always makes time for his wife. I am thankful for family and how much they love me. I am thankful for the parents that I have and how they raised me. They are the best parents in the world. I am thankful for a brother who is serving a mission! I am thankful for my friends, for what they teach me and how much they love me. I am thankful for the Gospel and the light of Christ. I am so so so grateful that I got married in the temple and made those special covenants with my Heavenly Father and that I know what they mean and cherish them every day. I am thankful for a worthy priesthood holder in my house and the comfort it brings our home. I am thankful for where we live. Utah is a beautiful place surrounded with good people. I am thankful that I am done with school next week and that Heavenly Father blessed me with this skill that I absolutely love. I am thankful for my health and my safety. Every day someone dies, someone loses their loved ones. I am so thankful that Shawn and I are healthy and safe and that we are living a happy life together.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I am so so happy that it's almost December!

Shawn and I woke up early this morning to do some Black Friday shopping! I always vowed that I'd never go Black Friday shopping because I've worked it the past 2 years. (glad I didn't this year). But we were on a mission to find a tree, decorations, and some good deals on stuuuuff. We traveled all over. from Layton Hills Mall, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Tai Pan, to Farmington Station, City Creek, South Towne, and Fashion Place! ALL OVER! and managed to get a few things! Most of Shawn's Christmas (so he thinks) and some of mine! Also our Christmas Stuff that I'm thrilled about! 

As soon as we got home, Shawn set up the Christmas Tree and then played COD (Call of Duty) with my little brother and my mom came over to decorate! I'm tellin' ya, it looks gooooood! I am so happy about it. I love walking into my house and feeling like Christmas. It makes it feel more like home. Christmas is easily my favorite holiday. 

Tomorrow I am going shopping with my mom again. A few more things we need and then I'll post pictures of my cute house :)




No comments:

Post a Comment