Jul 11, 2012

Sister Larkin

WELCOME HOME SISTER LARKIN!!!

I cannot believe that Lindsey is home! I remember sitting there when she got her call, and she was called to Russia.
And the first thing that came to mind was

"Oh I cant wait for her to be home cuz then Shawn will have about 10 months left"
haha And now here we are and 10 months is so far away still. :/ Anyways, what a day!

I had so much fun spending the whole entire day with his family!
I got there around one and immediately we got to work!
Me and his aunt were blowing up balloons and making cute arrangements to put a long the side of the street.
then we went outside to put them there and man it was hot! We were working our butts off in 100 degree weather! After, we cut up yellow ribbon and tied it anywhere and everywhere that looked cute! It was so hott, me and his mom were just dying! So we went inside to take a break and then we got hungry. So we went to Tastys for lunch. It was so yummy and so nice to be there with his mom and aunt. We talked about Shawn and we talked about our relationship. It was so nice. and I love being on the same page as her! She really is so happy for me and Shawn. After lunch, we went back to the house to get more work done and finished around 5. Then we went to the craft store to pick up some balloons for the airport and while we were standing there, talking to the lady, Shawns mom said "I have another missionary out. He loves this girl very very much" and she pulled me in and gave me a side hug. I had major butterflies. How special to hear her say that! Me and her have so much fun together. By the end of the night, we were finishing each others sentences hahaha! Then we finally got to the airport. We had the balloons, the poster, and the roses. I was so nervous for them!! But of course the whole time I kept thinking.. I CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE SHAWN!!!! As her plane arrived, I stood there with cameras in both hands and she came down the escalator. What a need experience. If you need a "waiting boost" go to a missionary homecoming at the airport. I'll tell you what, It was amazing. Everyone cried and it was so nice to have Linds back!! When we got home, she told us about her mission, and showed us some pretty sweet stuff she got!!

I cant wait to get close to Linds. I can tell she will be such a fun sister to have! I love her very much and I'm so proud of her.

Welcome home Linds :)


1 comment:

  1. Do you know which part of Russia she served in? My best friend is currently in Novosibirsk Russia.

    ReplyDelete