Jul 3, 2012

Bonding time.

Today was perfect.

I got to spend the evening with Shawns mom. Her daughter gets home from her mission next week, and so me and his mom went shopping together to get things ready and to dinner. It was so great spending time with her. We talked a lot about Shawn of course. And its so nice to know that she is so supportive of me and Shawn. It helps SO much. And a lot of the time she kept saying "10 months from now, me and you will be doing this to get ready for Shawn to come home". K I can't believe I'm waiting for a missionary. It blows my mind haha. But I wouldn't want it any other way! Me and her laughed a lot and had such a great time together. She told me so many stories about Shawn and showed me pictures of him that I've never seen. K this is so cute;

When Shawn was a little boy I guess he was SUPER cuddly. He always cuddled up to his mommy. He is such a mamas boy. Anyways, whenever his dad would go out of town, he would go sleep with his mom in her bed and snuggle all night. and when he got out of his crib into his big boy bed, he wouldn't fall asleep unless someone was holding his hand. So his mom would lay on the floor and hold his hand until he fell asleep. Isn't he the CUTEST?! No wonder he is so cuddly with me ;) and I love it! Shows what kind of dad he's gunna be :) ahhh I love him! and then she also told me that Shawn was close to dying when he was a baby. Which I already knew, but I didnt know the extent of it and I guess it was bad enough that she wrote his obituary. YEAH! I died when I heard that. I'm so grateful that he was kept on this earth. We were meant to find each other and be together and I'm just so grateful that he is still here. I love that boy.

Anyways, today was just a great day. It feels so good to be close to his mom. And next week, I'll be going over there to help decorate the house and go to the airport to pick up Lindsey! I am so happy she is coming home! It'll be good to get a good relationship with his sister! I'm grateful that I am close with his parents. They are so loving. His dad already treats me like one of his own, and tonight his mom treated me like one of her daughters! It was perfect. She would be a great mother in law. We opened up to each other a lot and it was like we could talk about anything and everything and it felt so good to hear her say "I can tell how happy you and shawn are and that you love each other" and when she was showing me pics of him I kept saying "Oh he makes me so giddy" and she would just chuckle and say "Yes he is a cutie!" haha I am just SO Happy right now!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment