Mar 17, 2013

St George

As you can tell, I've finally got around to changing my blog! I'm actually really excited about it! I was driving home from St George reading one of my friends blogs (Ali) and the more I kept looking at her adorable blog, I kept wanting to change mine. So I did. (with the help of others because I don't know how to do it on my own). I'm pretty good when it comes to computers, but Blogger on the other hand is a totally different story. I don't know why!

Ahh okay, so I just got back from St George. It was such a blast! Shawn and I went down with my family for my little brother's baseball tournament. My family left Wednesday, but Shawn and I left Thursday morning because Wednesday he had a job interview. (Still crossing our fingers, he finds out in 2 weeks :/ ) So Thursday morning we got up and left. My brother woke up early to charge his car battery because it's been dying a lot lately. We picked up Shawn and then went to the gas station and while we were driving Austin said, "Emily, don't turn off the car when we get gas. My car will die". So we filled up with the car on, and then decided we wanted treats. So I pulled up to a parking spot and what did I do? I turned the car off. Yup, it was dead. So after we got our drinks and treats, we asked a guy (and when I say we, I mean Shawn) to jump us. It turned on right away. Solid, we're golden. I called my mom to tell her that we were on our way and told her the funny story about the car dying. The second I hung up the phone with her, the lights in the car turned off and Shawn says, "The car just died". Good thing I wasn't driving! We were on the free way! So Shawn pulled over and after many phone calls to my dad, figuring out what to do, Shawns dad came to the rescue. Long story short, we fixed the car an hour later and we were on our way!

Road trip!! I was so excited! I was never one of the lucky girls who went on vacations with her boyfriend in high school, so this was a big deal for me! The best thing ever while driving down to St. George was holding his hand. I love it :) Shawn's a fast driver, so four hours later we made it to St George, just in time for my brothers first game! 83 degrees and baseball games. We were kind of tired but that wasn't stopping us from having fun! My parents rented a Condo so after the game, we all went back to the Condo to unload the car and just chill before the second game! I kept getting these stupid butterflies thinking about four days with my man :) I think I was more excited than he was!

The weekend consisted of baseball games (he won 2 out of the 4) eating, swimming, tennis, basketball, soaking up some rays, swimming, video games, swimming, and oh yeah did I mention swimming? Shawn is adorable.

1. He would play with my brothers the whole time. In fact, I complained a couple times saying, "I feel like you want to be with my brothers more than me". But deep down, I loved it. I thought it was cute to see him playing with his soon to be brothers. Tyson (8) looks up to Shawn SO much, they even slept together the whole weekend. It was fun to watch them play basketball, or tennis against my parents, or get crazy on the video games.

2. He played tennis against my parents. I was laying out by the pool, and got bored and wanted to be by my man, so I went to watch him play tennis. Shawn and Austin vs Mom and Dad. HILARIOUS! I kept saying, "Come on babe!" but it didn't help. In fact, I think I made him nervous. He's so funny! And then we played lightening with my family and that was hilarious, no one can shoot a basket besides Shawn and my 12 year old sister! We all laughed the whole time.

3. One night, we were all hanging out by the pool in our sweats (swim suits underneath) but there were a million kids! I didn't want to swim because it was too cold that night, So Shawn and my brother Austin just hung out together. There were a million kids in the hot tub, and when I say a million, I mean you physically couldn't get in because kids were shoulder-to-shoulder. So Austin and Shawn thought it would be funny to crash the hot tub. They made room and got in and immediately Shawn and Austin started making friends with 5-10 year olds. Austin says, "Who's peed in here already??" And Austin and Shawn both raised their hands!! (of course they didnt, they were just trying to make the kids laugh). Man, I'm marrying someone who is gonna be such a cute dad.

4. He said thank you a million times to my parents and helped them so much. Without even asking, he'd just jump up and help my mom or dad. That's the missionary inside of Shawn. It was so cute to see.

5. Even thought he hung out with my siblings the majority of the time, whenever he got around me he'd make sure I knew how much he loved me. A hug, a kiss, a whisper "I love you" or "You look amazing". Those little things makes me love him more.

6. Listening to him cheer for Ty at his games. That was so cute, when Ty would come up to bat and Shawn would yell, "Come on TYSON!! You got this!"

Usually on trips, I have the hardest time being there because all I want to do is go home and be with Shawn, but this time, I didn't even want to leave. I wanted to just be with him every second, ignore reality, and just live life with him. This trip was filled with the most amazing memories, but do you want to know my favorite thing? The thing that tops everything?

Shawn and I (of course) had to sleep in different rooms. Right across from each other. We'd stay up all night and kiss each other goodnight, say "I love you" and go to our rooms. And then we'd text til we fell asleep and then the SECOND I woke up, I didnt care what time it was, I'd go in Shawns room while he was sleeping, and kiss his forehead or cheek and say, "Wake up, I love you!" and he'd have the BIGGEST Smile on his face and then he slowly woke up but it was so cute to see him so happy to have me there right when he woke up. I'm SO excited to no longer say goodbye, and only goodnight. That was the highlight of my trip and as silly as that sounds, it was the thing that I was most excited about-- waking up to him every morning.

And then of course after all that cutesy mushy stuff, Tyson (who was also in the same room as Shawn) would yell out EMILY GO TO YOUR ROOM! YOU'RE SO ANNOYING!! GET OUT!!!

and then Shawn and I would just laugh.

Best trip ever? You bet :)







1 comment:

  1. Aahh! I loved this! Vacations are the best :) the first time I went to Utah WITH his parents and him was just like you described. Granted we had already been married for a little over a year and I was living at his parents house with him.just being in the car..in the middle of the night..driving to our hotel was still just as amazing as ever :) Haha. And that first morning when you wake up and he's right next to you..ahh! You almost just want to fall back asleep just so you can wake up again! Haha. Its the best. And its still the best a year and a half later ;) I'm so happy and excited for you. I just love you both! -rant over-

    ReplyDelete