Oct 2, 2011

So close, but yet so far.

I've never been so excited
for conference weekend.
I have grown so much
spiritually
the past couple months
while Shawn has been serving a mission.
Not only was I looking forward to
hearing the words from
the great leaders of the church;
I was happy to know
that although Shawn is 6,037 miles away,
we were both doing the
exact same thing
at the exact same time.

All of a sudden
6,037 miles didnt feel so far away.

My favorite talk was by
Elder Robert D. Hales.
He said some amazing things that really stood out to me.

-no matter how hard the circumstance, we will gain something from the experience
-thy will be done
-sometimes we pray, but don't receive the answers we want because we aren't ready
-the Lords answer will come, but it may not be on our own time
-be kinder to one another, even kinder to ourselves
-we wait upon the lord
-to wait means to hope, anticipate, trust
-plant the seed of faith and nourish it
-pray always, ponder in your heart
-stand fast and press forward
-we will one day rest from all of our afflictions
-prayer is answered sometime, somewhere
-never give up on the Lord; His blessings are eternal, not temporary
-He knows, hears and loves us
-press forward in faith
 
I love General Conference.
 
I love Elder Shawn Larkin <3
615 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment