May 23, 2013

So, I'm getting married.

In case you all were wondering, I get to marry the man of my dreams in 30 days. DAYS. Is this real life? I get chills just thinking about it.

The wedding plans are coming along great. We've done so many fun things to get ready. Those who are coming to my reception will walk in and say to themselves, "this is a pinterest wedding". And we'll take all the credit. My mom and I (with the help of many others) have gone craft crazy.

I feel like I've been engaged for 12943827 years. But really like, 3 years. Because we have. We knew we were getting married when we were 16. People laughed, people doubted. And we just brushed it off. Now look at us. HA! I love that I can say that I'm marrying my highschool sweetheart.

Now I'm sitting here, listening to music, and looking at my photographers website trying to decide on a location for our Bridal/Groomals. Groomals, what a weird word. This Wednesday are my Bridals. and why they are called Groomals is because Shawn WILL be there. AH! Why is he seeing you in your dress before the wedding???!

Well I'll tell you.

I was once super against the idea of that. I'm so old fashioned in the idea of 'bad luck'. I wouldn't even let Shawn see my prom dresses. But when I was at a Bridal Showcase (before I was even engaged) we found our amazing photographer/videographers and Barlow (the videographer) convinced me of this amazing beautiful idea.

When the groom sees his Bride for the first time in her wedding dress, it's in the temple. Where the memory is all they have. No videos, no pictures. And as special as that would be, how special would it be to have pictures and videos of the first look- to look at for the rest of my life, to show our kids. So Wednesday, May 29th, Shawn will see me in my dress for the first time. and it'll be on camera for us to remember forever.

Butterflies.

I'm getting married to the man of my dreams. The man I'm crazy about and fall more in love with every single day. I love him and not only because of how perfect he is, (and I can say perfect because he is. He's the only perfect person on this planet) but because of how perfect he treats me. I couldn't ask for anyone better. And for that, I can't wait to be his Mrs.

Emily Larkin.


3 comments:

  1. Baaahh I was totally like you in the sense of not wanting him to see me in my dress until we get sealed...but..I've totally changed my mind after reading! I totally didn't even think about not being able to have a picture of his reaction! I change my mind...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with the first look thing. Brady and I just had our bridal/groomal pictures done yesterday and I did pictures and stuff of the first look. I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did Groomals as well and it was amazing. The pictures are perfect and beautiful and it is so wonderful to have the memories to show our children. It was such a fun experience too. I am so happy for you and can't wait to see all your amazing pictures

    ReplyDelete