Nov 5, 2012

My motto.

Hey everyone!

Wow, have I been slacking or what on this blog??
Sorry, I've been so busy lately.

But wow, time flies! Especially when you're having fun and staying busy of course. Its amazing how much I've grown the past 17 months. I don't even remember the girl I used to be before Shawn left, but if he were here, he'd for sure love the girl I've become. I feel like I've just grown up. I work almost every day, go to school, I just feel like an adult now. Can I just stay a kid for a while? First year I could actually vote and I didn't even do that! So maybe that'll help with staying young ;) But if Obama wins, I'm moving to Chile. #teamromney.

Its been a crazy couple weeks I'd say. A lot has been going on, but in the middle of all the hectic, he never ceases to amaze me. Last week, unexpectedly, I got a package. Just to tell me he's been thinking about me. Just some random socks, earrings, letters, pictures. He spoils me! It means a lot to me that during the craziness of the mission, he finds time to love me.

I've learned to much lately. Who my true friends are, who I can count on, what matters most in life, the gospel being the center of my life, how much my family means to me, how important missionary work is, getting my priorities straight, setting goals and meeting them, where I want to be in 10 years. I really do feel like I'm finally growing up. Its bittersweet for sure. Every day that passes I'm growing and every day that passes is a day closer to seeing his handsome face again. I never, in a million years, thought that waiting for a missionary would be so hard and so challenging and throw me so many curve balls. But its thru the hard times and the curve balls, that I grow and learn to appreciate so much. I haven't had a real boyfriend for 17 months. Some days, it's hard to remember "Shawn & Emily''. His voice, his looks, his laugh. The little things. I look at pictures and just think, "Is he real? We were really together? Have I made him up? Is he imaginary?" hahaha but I guess thats what time and space does to ya. But every day I hold onto those words, "I will wait for you". Its hard. Its hard everyday. but in the end, it'll be so worth it. Because no matter what, I'll be happy. We'll be happy.

So I'll continue to fight and I'll continue to live my life and have so much fun.
I'll continue to do what makes me happy.
I'll be the Emily that he expects me to be, who my family expects me to be, and who the Lord expects me to be.

"The only person you should be comparing yourself to, is the person you were yesterday. Always be a better person".

Thats my motto right now.

And I'm going to do that :)


2 comments:

  1. Your blog is adorable! I love this post and the motto. Oh and did i mention you and your boy are too cute to handle? love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweet girl. Means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete