Sep 29, 2014

Blue or Pink, what do you think? // Gender Reveal Party

Lets talk about the longest week of my life shall we?

I know this post is a little late, but I'm finally not too busy to sit down and write.

June 16:
Shawn and I went to Fetal Fotos in Murray. And for those of you who dont know what Fetal Fotos is, its basically what it sounds like. Photos of babies. They can tell you the gender of your babe at 15 weeks. And so because I was way too anxious to find out, we paid the 60 bucks to find out the gender. When we got there we had to fill out some information and then the cutest lady took us back into the ultra sound room. Before I laid down on the bed, I told her "I don't want to know the gender. Will you just put it in an envelope? We are going to find it out with our friends and family in a couple days" So she was so up for it and excited. She had us close our eyes for a minute while she found the baby and then we opened them and I could NOT believe what I was looking at. The cutest little baby in the world. It was moving soooooo much. Kicking, flipping, waving it's hands, opening and closing its mouth. It was such a high-tech ultra sound and I was in HEAVEN!

She then had us close our eyes again while she got a clear shot of the ''parts''. haha. Her words, not mine. She kept laughing and saying "K your baby is a tease. It's either crossing it's legs, putting its hand down there, or the umbilical cord is in the way!" She then kept poking at my stomach to get the legs to spread apart and then said "OK I got the picture you can open now!"

I asked her if she was 110% Sure what the baby was.

And she was POSITIVE!


I freakin love my baby.

So, then later that night we went to Macy's and picked out a Boys outfit and a Girls outfit. I handed both to the cashier with the envelope of the gender and cash. I told her to open the envelope, buy whatever the gender is, and wrap it in a box along with the ultra sound, receipt, and change. She was thrilled. She actually started crying she was so happy! Haha. We left for ten minutes and came back all ready for us.

 This box sat at my house for 5 days. 5 freakin days. It was killing me.

That following Sunday we had our gender reveal party! Friends and family came over to find out with us what the gender of our baby is.






 I cant even begin to tell you guys how nervous I was to open the box! I would of been happy with either gender of course, but secretly I was hoping for a girl. At the party, I kept telling people I thought it would be a boy and only  lucky people get pregnant with girls. haha.

So once everyone was there, Shawn and I stood at the front opening the box. It felt like forever. When I finally peeked inside and saw the Grey and Pink jammies we picked out, I went NUTS! I was SCREAMING ''ITS A GIRL!!!! IT'S A GIRL!!!!'' while jumping up and down.

I CANT BELIEVE I AM HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!

The best part about the whole things, my best friend and I are six weeks apart and she is having a little girl. Oh these two are already best friends and it's going to be so much fun planning our girls together.



We love you baby girl. so so so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment